Lexmark C740 Printer Driver. The duplex printing (two-sided printing) does not work in the Lexmark C734dn, C734dtn, C734dw, C736dn, C736dtn, X734de, X736de, X738de and X738dte printers. You must ensure that duplex functionality is supported on the printer and that the settings are configured correctly. If the error is caused by the settings, it is easy to fix without maintenance. Follow the steps below:
To determine whether duplex printing is supported by the printer, print the menu settings page by following the steps below:
• When the printer is in the Ready state, press the Menu button.
• Scroll down using the navigation buttons and select ” Reports “.
• Then select the ” Menu setting page “.
Lexmark C740 Driver Download
Look for the ” Installed Options ” section. This is where the duplex printing ( both sides ) is supported.
• If duplex / duplex is listed, proceed to step 3.
• If duplex printing is not listed there, there is an error with the duplex unit on the base printer. Contact Lexmark Technical Support or an authorized on-site maintenance center to help you organize maintenance for your printer.
Next, make sure the correct paper type is set.
If the paper type is set to labels, transparencies, stickers, or envelopes, change this setting to plain paper . To do this, follow these steps:
• When the printer returns to ready status, press the Menu button and select the Paper menu.
• Select Paper Locations from the Paper menu , and then Tray 1 (assuming Tray 1 prints on both sides).
• Use the navigation buttons to select plain paper (assuming normal paper is printed on both sides).
• Press the Back button until Ready appears on the display.
Perform the duplext tests in the diagnostics menu.